A pre-release of version 4.1 of Draken for FSX will be available shortly. Here is a list of some of the changes made in this update:
- Fuel consumption reduced – was almost twice of real TFSC
- Improved engine response in lower throttle range
- Lift and drag parameters corrected
- Indicated speed calculation corrected – see previous posts
- Fuel tank volumes corrected
- Empty weight and MTOW corrected
Model and textures
- Added missing details in LODs 20-150
- Added LOD5 (untextured flats)
- Remapped nose decals (larger size decals now possible in repaints)
- Added 3D version of engine panel in VC
- Added missing circuit breakers in VC
- Added deicing emergency cutoff valve in VC
- Reflective and refractive textures fixed (mirrors, switches, glass,etc.)
- Lots of cosmetic changes to objects and textures
Systems and gauges
- Afterburner functions rewritten from scratch
- Drag chute function changed – added reset from panel
- RAT function completely rewritten – now controlled by rpm, not throttle
- MTR function changed – now reduces throttle in 2% steps
- Cabin Pressure Difference gauge completely rewritten
- Autopilot override function now triggers warning light
- Automatic switch between Altitude Hold and Attitude Hold in transsonic fixed
- Wheel brakes are now anti-lock as default
- Missing and erroneous tool tips fixed
- Lots of minor adjustments and cosmetic changes
Some of the problems that appear in multiplayer were addressed in this update, but not all of them. At the moment I only have one computer that can run FSX, so I have not been able to test MP locally. Most multiplayer issues will be solved in version 5.0.
If you have done repaints they may have to be modified to work with version 4.1 as there is some remapping of the exterior.
2 thoughts on “Change log for 4.1b1”
Hi, I just want to hear about any chance, to get a Danish version of the draken ? I do not mean cockpit, the only difference needed is to remove pitot tube on tail, antenna on the back and the antenna/radar under the nose plane, then it will looks like a Danish F-35 Draken.
When Thomas years ago went with plans to make a Danish version I send him material, Photos from cockpit, video and other Things that will be needed and I can do that Again if You should decide sometimes to make one. Have worked 15 years as Draken tecnician in 725 sqn. on Karup. so please let me know if I can be in any help.
Looking forward to see the new 4.1b.1 version.
The post you commented on is almost a year old by now, and 4.1b1 has both been released and withdrawn since then. But your question is of course still valid.
At the moment there is no plan to do a Danish model, for reasons that are explained in the FAQ section of this site. I am also reluctant to issue “half-breed” models as that would be a big step away from the level of realism I try to achieve in this project.
However, if at some point in the future I decide to create a F-35, the material you sent me will be invaluable. I was happy to receive it and it is on my desk right now.